April 14-20, 2017
The "Holidays" we celebrate this weekend are the most moving and important holidays that we can celebrate. Tomorrow is the day we remember the Lord Jesus inaugurating the New Covenant. This weekend celebrates the most important three days in the history of the mankind, and in 1 billion years, it will still be the most important day in the history of mankind.
On this weekend, the Son of God, the Incarnate God, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, died for His people. He died for them, not just to rescue them from sin, but to ensure that they would live forever with Him, world without end. King Jesus died that death might die. He died that sorrow may cease. He died so that there would be no need for tears. He died to save us from ourselves.
The history of mankind is long and bloody and wicked. I just read that the USA dropped the largest non-nuclear weapon in the world on Afghanistan today. It is a 21,600 pound warhead named "MOAB", which is short for, "Mother of All Bombs." That bomb cost us around $16 million dollars. When the United States launched missiles at Syria last week, it cost about $100 million. Last year, the government spent $147 million on the National Endowment for the Arts.
I'm not trying to make a political statement. I'm trying to demonstrate that the priority of the world we live in isn't focused on making beautiful things. It is a messy, brutal, and bloody world we live in. Death reigns. The world is full of sorrow and sin. That's exactly why Jesus came to save us.
If it weren't for Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday, we would have no hope. The violence and sin of the world would overtake us all, and we would be doomed. But Friday, this Friday, we mark the anniversary of the day that the tide changed. We mark the anniversary of the day that sin, death, and hell was dealt a mortal blow. Jesus died to set us free. He rose from the dead because death could not hold Him, and because death could not keep Him, it will not keep us either.
This Friday, I will plant my garden. I will bury little seeds in the hope that they will spring to life and bring forth fruit. I will think of Jesus dying and being put into the grave tomorrow, and I will remember, with joy, that He came out of the tomb and set us free.
Yours in Christ,
- Check out the welcome table for upcoming events and sign ups.
- Children's Egg Hunt will be on April 15th from 11-1 at the church. We will be grilling hot dogs for the event.
- Ladies Fellowship will be held at Amy Williams' house on April 20th at 6 pm.
- New Young Adult Sunday School Class will begin on May 7th. Matt Colvin and Jake Ham will be co-teaching the class.
- June 3rd Dragon Boat Races in support of Habitat for Humanity. Cost is $25 per person. See Kevin Parnell for details.
- Children's Ministry Needs:
- 1 extra teacher on Wednesday nights
- 2 extra Sunday School teachers to add to the rotation.
- Anyone interested in being on Sunday night rotation (1 year term)
Please call, text, or see Regina if you are interested.
- Secret Church will be held here at the church on April 21st from 5:30 pm until midnight. Books are $8. There is a sign up sheet on the Welcome Table for snacks to share during breaks. The church will provide drinks for the evening. There will not be childcare provided.
April 15 - Children's Easter Egg Hunt
April 20 - Ladies Fellowship
April 21 - Secret Church Simulcast
May 7 - Young Adult Sunday School Class Begins
June 3 - Dragon Boat Race
- Please continue to pray for and support the Champion Family as we grieve the loss of our brother, Ron.
- Pray for all the benevolence cases we work with on a weekly basis. Most of them are unchurched. Pray the gospel takes root and praise God for all the provision we have to be able to do this ministry.
Sunday Morning Childcare:
Bed Babies through 2's - Denise Bledsoe, Robert Sims, Kathy Coy
3 through 4 year olds - Rory Colvin, Sam Merilien
Last Week’s Statistics:
|Budget Receipts this Week:||$3,515.50|
|Budget Needs Weekly:||$4,097.88|
|Budget Receipts YTD:||$60,992.50|
|Budget Needs YTD:||$61,468.26|
|Building Fund this Week:||$300.00|
|Building Fund YTD:||$2,750.00|
912 E. Main Street, P.O. Box 131- Albertville, AL 35950
Pastor – Brad Williams
Family Pastor -- David Porch
9:30am – Sunday School
10:30am - Worship Service
6:00pm – Community Groups
6:30pm - Children/Student Activities
6:30pm – Adult Bible Study