June 23-29, 2017
10 Friday Questions to Answer in Preparation for Sunday
I thought this was worth sharing from Dr. Chuck Lawless, Dean and Vice-President of Graduate Studies and Ministry Centers at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary:
One reason many weekend worship services are ineffective is that we spend too little time preparing ourselves for worship. Take some time to answer these questions today, and use them to help you get ready to gather with your congregation this weekend:
- Am I certain I’m a Christian? If you’re not sure, talk with someone at your church. Worship changes when we truly meet God.
- Have I prayed for my worship leaders and my pastor this week? If not, start now.
- What have I learned from God’s Word that I didn’t know last Sunday? If the answer is nothing, you might want to spend more time with God in preparation to hear from Him in worship.
- Whom have I invited to attend church with me this weekend? You have two more days to answer this question . . . .
- Do I usually "put on a show" at church? Only you can answer that question – but all of us must answer it if we want to worship God fully.
- Do I have unconfessed sin in my life that will hinder my church’s worship? If so, confess it and ask God’s forgiveness.
- Am I harboring bitterness and unforgiveness toward someone? If so, your own walk with God is being hampered. Ask God to free you from bitterness so you can worship Him fully.
- Do I expect everything to be the same this weekend, or do I expect God to do something surprising and mighty? If you expect the routine, that’s likely to be what you will get.
- For the past week, have I modeled faith before my family? You should want to gather with your church as a man or woman whose family knows you are genuine.
- What was last week’s sermon about? If you don’t remember that sermon, plan on taking notes this weekend, and then review them throughout the week.
May God prepare our hearts for great and true worship this weekend!
- Children's Ministry Needs:
- 4 volunteers on rotation to supervise the kids on Wednesday nights during the summer. There will be no children's classes on Wednesday nights during the summer, just playground and/or a movie. A sign up sheet is on the welcome table for volunteers.
- 2 extra Sunday School teachers to add to the rotation.
- Anyone interested in being on Sunday night rotation (8 weeks a year)
Please call, text, or see Regina if you are interested.
- We are having a church picnic at Noccalula Falls on July 2nd from 2 pm to closing. Please bring potluck dishes, desserts, and drinks to share. The church will provide all of the utensils, cups, plates, and paper products for this evening of fun and fellowship.
- Art Camp T-shirts are available in "Comfort Color" for $14 or regular for $10. Please indicate which kind of shirt you want on the Art Camp sign up list. Note "C.C." under the T-shirt size column if you want Comfort Color. Otherwise, leave blank.
- Ladies Fellowship: July 20th at 6 at Kathy Coy's house.
- Check out the welcome table for upcoming events and sign ups.
June 25 - Chris Todd preaching
June 27 - Picnic at Civitan Park, 11 am to 1 pm (bring your favorite bagged lunch and sports balls)
July 2 - Church Picnic at Noccalula Falls
July 11 - Six Flags Day (Will need chaperones to attend. Tickets $47.99. Leaving church at 8 am)
July 16-19 - Art Camp. Theme is "Survival: Out pray, out last, outreach." Focus of the lessons will be on Spiritual Disciplines.
July 20 - Ladies Fellowship
July 24-28 - Youth Summer Missions Week
- Please continue to pray for and support the Champion Family as we grieve the loss of our brother, Ron.
- Pray for Gloria's husband, Perry Childress. His health has been declining and he is not a Christian. Please pray for the Lord to save Him.
- Pray for all the benevolence cases we work with on a weekly basis. Most of them are unchurched. Pray the gospel takes root and praise God for all the provision we have to be able to do this ministry.
Sunday Morning Childcare:
Bed Babies through 2's - Denise Bledsoe, Robert Sims, Kathy Coy
3 through 4 year olds - Rory Colvin & Sam Merilien
Last Week’s Statistics:
|Budget Receipts this Week:||$2,285.00|
|Budget Needs Weekly:||$4,097.88|
|Budget Receipts YTD:||$101,272.50|
|Budget Needs YTD:||$102,447.12|
|Building Fund this Week:||$90.00|
|Building Fund YTD:||$4,210.00|
912 E. Main Street, P.O. Box 131- Albertville, AL 35950
Pastor – Brad Williams
Family Pastor -- David Porch
Our mission and passion at New Covenant Baptist Church is to glorify God by becoming a community that fosters the love of God with all of the heart, soul, mind and strength, and by learning to love one another as Christ Jesus has loved us.The answer to every heart's need and the satisfaction of all our longing is found in Jesus Christ our Lord, who is Himself the very image of Almighty God. We exist to adore Him, and to spread the knowledge of His greatness to the ends of the earth.