January 27 - February 2, 2017
Just a Quick Note
Hey church family, it's been a busy and good week. For instance, Brad and I have taken on the work of cleaning the church each week. I like to have things clean, so I think it is fun and good exercise. But not only that, I think it is worshipful. For me, there is always the temptation to be driven by perfectionism and efficiency, but I regularly try to remember to ask the Lord while I am working to help me do it excellently and faithfully as unto Him. Practicing God's presence in our every day activities really makes the work meaningful and makes us more responsible Christians. So, we got the work of cleaning done again and we feel a sense of accomplishment each week. This week has been busier than some so I will leave it at that, but I want to close by thanking you all again for how you have spoiled us and the Gevers by providing meals and visits after the births of Jayken and Julia.
We love y'all!
- Check out the welcome table for upcoming events and sign ups.
- Every other chair in the sanctuary is now stocked with visitor cards, offering envelopes, and pens. Kids are welcome to draw on those, if need be, but if they do please don't leave those cards in the chairs. Take them with you or throw them away. Thanks.
- Children's Ministry Needs:
- 1 extra teacher on Wednesday nights
- 2 extra Sunday School teachers to add to the rotation.
- 1 nursery worker for Wednesday nights starting in January
- Anyone interested in being on Sunday night rotation (1 year term)
Please call, text, or see Regina if you are interested.
- We are now collecting canned goods for the kids to give away as an outreach during the month of January. Please place your canned food items in the box next to the welcome table.
- Please continue to fill up the baby bottles for Real Life Pregnancy Center and return them to the basket on the welcome table.
- Youth Super Bowl Party, Sunday, Feb. 5th at the Parnell's house from 5-10 pm or until a winner "rises up." Food and drinks will be served. No regular community groups that night. Your group may have a Super Bowl Party too.
- Ladies Fellowship, Thursday, Feb. 9th at 6 pm. Location: The Church. Bring side dishes or dessert. Meat entree provided.
- Parents' Valentine's Date Night, Friday, Feb. 10th from 6 to 9:30 pm. Parents, drop off your kids at the church for dinner, games, and a movie and you go and enjoy a date night together! Hosted by NCBC Student Ministry.
- On Sunday, Feb. 12th, Chris and Dana Holloway will be visiting us. They will give a presentation of their on-going ministry in Ghana and Chris will preach.
Dates to Mark on Your Calendar:
February 5 - Super Bowl Parties
February 9 - Ladies Fellowship
February 10 - Parents' Valentine's Date Night
February 12 - Chris and Dana Holloway visiting
- Pray for all the benevolence cases we work with on a weekly basis. Most of them are unchurched. Pray the gospel takes root and praise God for all the provision we have to be able to do this ministry.
Sunday Morning Childcare:
Bed Babies through 2's - Jennifer Rains, Lisa Spence, Chris Knight
3 through 4 year olds - Regina Gregg and Alan Bledsoe
Last Week’s Statistics:
|Budget Receipts this Week:||$4,834.00|
|Budget Needs Weekly:||$4,097.88|
|Budget Receipts YTD:||$16,487.00|
|Budget Needs YTD:||$16,391.54|
|Building Fund this Week:||$215.00|
|Building Fund YTD:||$640.00|
New Covenant Baptist Church – www.DiscoverNewCovenant.com
912 E. Main Street, P.O. Box 131- Albertville, AL 35950
Pastor – Brad Williams
Family Pastor -- David Porch
Our mission and passion at New Covenant Baptist Church is to glorify God by becoming a community that fosters the love of God with all of the heart, soul, mind and strength, and by learning to love one another as Christ Jesus has loved us.The answer to every heart's need and the satisfaction of all our longing is found in Jesus Christ our Lord, who is Himself the very image of Almighty God. We exist to adore Him, and to spread the knowledge of His greatness to the ends of the earth.