May 5-11, 2017
Pray for our Missionaries
Rather than write an article from my own perspective, I want to offer some prayer points today and urge us to pray for the missionaries we support and others from whom I've gotten recent updates. In no particular order:
- that Chris and the staff will find a solution to why their chickens are dying at Thrive Farms.
- for the kids that Chris and Matthew have gotten to disciple this week, Aaron and Christian in Nyambong.
- pray for Chris and Dana's hearts while they are apart from each other for a time
- for the Foundational Heart and Skills of Transformational Coaching program that Chris has been working with to train and mentor Christian leaders across Europe.
- that their good influence would spread and that the Teagues would continue to make gospel contacts in Prague
- that the East Mountain staff in Stellenbosch, South Africa (with whom my friends, the Conleys, hope to be working soon) would be able to keep their jobs. The SA government has recently restricted visas to only a few options, such as student visas. Therefore, foreign missionaries are in danger of losing their visas and their jobs.
- pray that Chris Conley can get a student visa by entering the doctoral program of a seminary and thereby keep his position on the East Mountain team.
- for the new work the Todds are currently focused on: the reopening of the Evangelical Church in the village of Khiam.
- for their continued strength and compassion to reach displaced Syrian refugees and be able to lead them to Jesus
- pray that more and more Muslims will doubt Islam and that Chris and Kim would have more and more divine appointments with such Muslims and that they would believe the gospel
- for our friends in North Africa who I will call Ray and Ali Burnstin. Pray that more opportunities open up with their NGO through which they can reach the desert peoples
- for more partners to be able to go visit and work through the Burnstin's NGO
- that they will be able to stay in the country and get established in their city for a long time
- for friends of mine in Central Asia who just found out they have to move from their mountain village to a place where they can receive better medical care for their young son who has terrible food allergies
For Jesus' sake and His kingdom,
- Check out the welcome table for upcoming events and sign ups.
- New Young Adult Sunday School Class will begin on May 7th. Matt Colvin and Jake Ham will be co-teaching the class.
- Student Home Meeting is May 17th at Jake and Ali Ham's house from 6 to 8 pm.
- In celebration of school letting out, Albertville United youth ministry association is hosting the annual "AUnited Games" Wednesday, May 24th at the Albertville Rec Center from 4 to 7 pm. There will be "slip-n-slide kickball," basketball, and volleyball. Prizes for winning teams. All middle school and high school students welcome.
- The Ladies Summer Club will begin again in May. The selection for May is "Messy Beautiful Friendship", by Christine Hoover. Time and place for discussion to be announced.
- Ladies Fellowship will be Thursday, May 18th, at 6 pm at Beth Ann Parnell's house.
- June 3rd Dragon Boat Races in support of Habitat for Humanity. Cost is $25 per person. See Kevin Parnell for details.
- Children's Ministry Needs:
- 1 extra teacher on Wednesday nights
- 2 extra Sunday School teachers to add to the rotation.
- Anyone interested in being on Sunday night rotation (1 year term)
Please call, text, or see Regina if you are interested.
May 7 - Young Adult Sunday School Class Begins
May 17 - Student Home Meeting
May 18 - Ladies Fellowship
May 24 - AUnited Games
June 3 - Dragon Boat Race
- Please continue to pray for and support the Champion Family as we grieve the loss of our brother, Ron.
- Pray for all the benevolence cases we work with on a weekly basis. Most of them are unchurched. Pray the gospel takes root and praise God for all the provision we have to be able to do this ministry.
Sunday Morning Childcare:
Bed Babies through 2's - Cindy Ham, Misty Merilien, Steve Hellums
3 through 4 year olds - Marsha Garrison & Taylor Gwaltney
Last Week’s Statistics:
|Budget Receipts this Week:||$4,941.00|
|Budget Needs Weekly:||$4,097.88|
|Budget Receipts YTD:||$73,629.50|
|Budget Needs YTD:||$73,761.92|
|Building Fund this Week:||$150.00|
|Building Fund YTD:||$3,290.00|
912 E. Main Street, P.O. Box 131- Albertville, AL 35950
Pastor – Brad Williams
Family Pastor -- David Porch
9:30am – Sunday School
10:30am - Worship Service
6:00pm – Community Groups
6:30pm - Children/Student Activities
6:30pm – Adult Bible Study