May 19-25, 2017
Summer at NCBC
Hey Everyone! There's a lot going on this summer here at the church, so rather than put all the details below in the "Announcements" list, I thought it would be appropriate to highlight all the activities as the focus of this week's newsletter.
To start with, here's a list of summer activities that have been planned for the kids. We are calling them "Super Tuesdays" even though some events are on Thursdays. Benjamin Spence, our summer intern, will be facilitating most of these events. Also remember Wednesday night teachers are off for the summer. Classes will start back when school starts back. We do, however, have a signup sheet for volunteers to supervise the kids on Wednesday nights for playground fun or movie watching in the sanctuary. Without further ado...
Summer events for kids:
May 24 - Move up Day! Students going into the 7th grade move up to the Youth Group.
May 30 - Recreation at NCBC, 1-3 pm
June 8 - Pool Party at the Knights house, 1-3 pm
June 15 - Trip to The Factory in Gadsden, 3-4 pm (leave from church at 2:30. Tickets are $13)
June 20 - Matinee at Boaz 9 to see "Cars 3"
June 27 - Picnic at Civitan Park, 11 am to 1 pm (bring your favorite bagged lunch and sports balls)
July 11 - Six Flags Day (Will need chaperones to attend. Tickets $47.99. Leaving church at 8 am)
July 16-19 - Art Camp. Theme is "Survival: Out pray, out last, outreach." Focus of the lessons will be on Spiritual Disciplines.
Summer events for students:
May 24 - Albertville United Games (see below for details)
May 31 - Outing to Sonic to celebrate students moving up
June 9-10 - Young men's retreat to Weiss Lake (free overnight trip for youth guys. Fishing, games, grilling out, solitude with the Lord and other guy stuff)
June 21 - Student Home Meeting at the Parnells
July 11 - Six Flags Day (see above)
July 23-27 - Summer Mission Project with Breakaway Ministries in Gadsden. Register by May 31st with $50 deposit.
In addition to these, Ladies' Summer Book Club is meeting this Tuesday, May 23, at 6:30 at Lisa's house and will continue throughout the summer. We also have planned another church-wide game night on June 11th from 2:30 to 7:30. Bring your favorite games and food; come and go as you please.
For more events and activities going on at NCBC, check out the newsletter, the welcome table, and the Sunday morning announcements slides each week.
Have a blessed summer!
- Children's Ministry Needs:
- 4 volunteers on rotation to supervise the kids on Wednesday nights during the summer. There will be no children's classes on Wednesday nights during the summer, just playground and/or a movie. A sign up sheet is on the welcome table for volunteers.
- 2 extra Sunday School teachers to add to the rotation.
- Anyone interested in being on Sunday night rotation (1 year term)
Please call, text, or see Regina if you are interested.
- Check out the welcome table for upcoming events and sign ups.
- The new Young Adult Sunday School Class began on May 7th. Matt Colvin and Jake Ham are co-teaching the class.
- In celebration of school letting out, Albertville United youth ministry association is hosting the annual "AUnited Games" Wednesday, May 24th at the Albertville Rec Center from 4 to 7 pm. There will be "slip-n-slide kickball," basketball, and volleyball. Prizes for winning teams. All middle school and high school students welcome.
- The Ladies' Summer Club has begun again. The selection for May is "Messy Beautiful Friendship", by Christine Hoover. Meeting this Tuesday, May 23, at 6:30 at the Spences. Snacks and coffee will be served.
- June 3rd Dragon Boat Races in support of Habitat for Humanity. Cost is $25 per person. See Kevin Parnell for details.
May 23 - Ladies' Summer Book Club
May 24 - AUnited Games
May 30-July 11 - "Super Tuesdays" activities for kids
June 3 - Dragon Boat Race
June 9-10 - Young Men's Retreat
- Please continue to pray for and support the Champion Family as we grieve the loss of our brother, Ron.
- Pray for all the benevolence cases we work with on a weekly basis. Most of them are unchurched. Pray the gospel takes root and praise God for all the provision we have to be able to do this ministry.
Sunday Morning Childcare:
Bed Babies through 2's - Denise Bledsoe, Robert Sims, Kathy Coy
3 through 4 year olds - Rory Colvin & Sam Merilien
Last Week’s Statistics:
|Budget Receipts this Week:||$2,860.00|
|Budget Needs Weekly:||$4,097.88|
|Budget Receipts YTD:||$82,619.50|
|Budget Needs YTD:||$81,957.69|
|Building Fund this Week:||$40.00|
|Building Fund YTD:||$3,530.00|
912 E. Main Street, P.O. Box 131- Albertville, AL 35950
Pastor – Brad Williams
Family Pastor -- David Porch
9:30am – Sunday School
10:30am - Worship Service
6:00pm – Community Groups
6:30pm - Children/Student Activities
6:30pm – Adult Bible Study