January 13-19, 2017
Two more make their impact on History
The title reads like a news headline. Perhaps it stirs your thoughts about some famous or valiant persons to whom I must be referring who performed some heroic or memorable deed. Not necessarily; not YET, anyway.
Have you ever paused to reflect on your own personal influence in the world and upon history? The two I am referring to are simply Julia Claire Gevers and Jayken Lynwood Porch, the most recent additions to our church family. Already they have exerted their influence in God's space-time reality. And you have too, probably for years. What would the world be like if you were never born? How would history be different if you weren't here? Just consider what consequences one, simple action has on others. If you are reading this newsletter, I am having an influence on you even if it is only by small gradations, for if you weren't reading this newsletter right now, you'd be doing something else. It is, admittedly, difficult to ponder the cumulative weight of all our actions, both big and small. And it is even more incomprehensible to contemplate God's providential wisdom in all of the details of history over which He is completely sovereign. We can only gasp in wonder at God with the Apostle Paul--"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable [are] His judgments and His ways past finding out!"--Romans 11:33
The Gevers and my family have no doubt of the influence that Julia and Jayken have had on us already and will continue to have on us as the years pass. Only God knows who else they will encounter, and thus, alter when they meet in this life. And we ask and trust God to direct their paths and make Himself known to them that they may be saved and be pleasing in His sight. To be sure, I named all of my children with the hope that they would live up to their names (Jayken, pronounced Yah-KEEN in Hebrew, means "the LORD establishes"). Please continue to pray for our children and their kingdom influence in this world.
On behalf of the Gevers and my family, thanks to our church family who have prayed, brought meals, visited, and rejoiced with us as we celebrate the births of Julia and Jayken. We have been blessed!
- Check out the welcome table for upcoming events and sign ups.
- Children's Ministry Needs:
- 1 extra teacher on Wednesday nights
- 2 extra Sunday School teachers to add to the rotation.
- 1 nursery worker for Wednesday nights starting in January
- Anyone interested in being on Sunday night rotation (1 year term)
Please call, text, or see Regina if you are interested.
- The ladies will be having a "Ladies Day Out" Saturday, Jan. 14. They will be going to see the movie "Hidden Figures" and will have a meal before or after the movie. Please contact Angela if you would like to go and she will give you more details.
- We are now collecting canned goods for the kids to give away as an outreach during the month of January. Please place your canned food items in the box next to the welcome table.
- Please continue to fill up the baby bottles for Real Life Pregnancy Center and return them to the basket in the sanctuary.
Dates to Mark on Your Calendar:
January 14 - Ladies Day Out
January 18 - Students meeting at Jamoka's
- Pray for all the benevolence cases we work with on a weekly basis. Most of them are unchurched. Pray the gospel takes root and praise God for all the provision we have to be able to do this ministry.
Sunday Morning Childcare:
Bed Babies through 2's - Amy Williams, Randy Spence, Kevin Parnell
3 through 4 year olds - Amber Knight and Matt Colvin
Last Week’s Statistics:
912 E. Main Street, P.O. Box 131- Albertville, AL 35950
Pastor – Brad Williams
Family Pastor -- David Porch
9:30am – Sunday School
10:30am - Worship Service
6:00pm – Community Groups
6:00pm - Children/Student Activities
6:00pm – Adult Bible Study